There are many ways you can help a child start the school year off excited, confident and prepared:
The Back 2 School Store is funded by grants, donations, child sponsors and in-kind donations. All contributions are tax-deductible. 100% of all donations go to the Back 2 School Store.
Did you know it costs approximately $180 to cover the cost of all the merchandise we offer each child? You can sponsor one child or donate any amount and we’ll combine it with other donations to give the children everything they need. 100% of all donations go to the Back 2 School Store.
Volunteers have said this is the most rewarding experience they’ve ever had! We need over 250 volunteers. Morning and afternoon shifts are available.
- Personal shoppers – Share the joy as you escort children individually through the Back 2 School Store as they select their items. Male volunteers are also especially needed to help the boys.
- Behind the scenes – We need people to help on the event day in a variety of ways – traffic control throughout the store, dressing room attendants, shoe fitters and more.
- Teenagers can help too – On the day of the store, teens can help keep the store well stocked and organized. We will happily complete any forms teenagers need to give them credit for community service hours.
Set-up and Breakdown
- Set-up – The week before the store we need volunteers to help us with setting up the store. We will be setting up tables, un-packing items and hanging and arranging the clothing and sneakers by size. Any time you can offer, will be appreciated.
- Breakdown – The Monday after the event we need volunteers to help us pack up the extra items. We welcome help for anytime you can give.
- Teenagers can help too – For setup and breakdown, we can use teenagers. We will happily complete any forms teenagers need to give them credit for community service hours.
Join Us and Spread the Word
Invite your friends and family to volunteer with you! It’s a great opportunity for parents and teens to give back to the community together
We are looking for NEW merchandise. We provide backpacks, school supplies, clothing, sneakers, winter coats, underwear/socks, hats and other essential items for children to begin their school year. We are in need of large quantities of items of similar value/style in all sizes. (We stock approximately 1000 of each item.) If you can help us acquire these items or can refer us to places that can help, please call the NCJW Peninsula Section office at 516-569-3660 to leave a message for our Back 2 School Store Donation Chairperson. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Are you part of a community organization or agency that provides education, health or safety resources for children and families? Please call 516-569-3660 and leave a message for the Back 2 School Store Family Resource Chairperson.